'The MidSplice' Rope Leash
This variant is currently sold out
Our ASPEN collection of dog leads are all made from exceptionally soft three-strand, pre-dyed cotton that resists fading and bleeding of color. Silky smooth to the touch, our Aspen Collection is also lightweight, despite the ergonomic thickness of the rope.
The MIDSPLICE line within our Aspen Collection features a single-color rope of your choice, accented with a secondary rope color woven into the lead. Shop secret: the name Midsplice is actually a misnomer; the accent rope color of our Midsplice line is more acurately spliced into the lower third of the leash (not the middle). The reason behind this shop secret is a very practical one: when we shorten our dog's lead, it is more comfortable for you to have a thicker (yet still soft) area to grab. See, and you probably thought the splice was there just for looks. :)
In addition to choosing your own rope colors, you will also be able to select the hardware finish and style of your choosing, as well as your preferred hemp cord color. Because we care about the small details, we also include an o-ring (matched to the hardware of your choosing) to act as an accessory holder, as well as one of our custom-made wooden shop tags as a special souvenir.
The Sloppy Chops shop different leash styles for you to choose from as well, including Traditional and Slip Lead.
L E A S H • S T Y L E S
• Traditional: this is your classic leash, with hardware at one end and a looped handle at the other. Timeless, classic, you cannot go wrong with this style. Our traditional leads include an o-ring woven into the handle to act as an accessory holder on your adventures.
• Slip Lead: a quick on/off lead for doggy sporting events such as agility, barn hunt, or lure coursing. This lead is also a favorite of apartment dwellers or those that do not have secured yards and need to frequently take their dogs out on-lead. Sloppy Chops Co.'s slip leads come standard with a second o-ring woven into the lead. This metal o-ring is adjustable (by you) up and down the lead: slide the o-ring down by your dog's neck to prevent the slip lead from becoming too loose, or move the o-ring higher up the lead and use it to attach your doggie's doo-dads, such as a poop bag holder.
Please be aware that slip leads DO NOT have snap hardware and that the length of the leash will shorten by the circumference of your dog's neck, as the leash functions as both a collar and a lead. You can select Slip Lead in your desired hardware finish from the dropdown menu.
R O P E • C O L O R S
• Please iselect your selected DOMINANT rope color and also your ACCENT rope color. The dominant rope color is the leash length, while the accent rope color is interwoven into the lead.
H A R D W A R E
• You may choice the style and finish of your hardware from the dropdown menu. We do not recommend the use of the quicksnap hardware if your dog is UNDER 40lbs, due to its weight.
R O P E • D I A M E T E R
• All of our leads in the Aspen Collection are handcrafted with 1/2" cotton rope. This size and style of rope is most appropriate for dogs 30lbs and larger.
C U S T O M I Z A T I O N
• If you desire a lead length other than what is available in the listing, please send me a message before purchasing and I will gladly create a custom order for you if at all possible.
© 2016 Sloppy Chops Co.