Denali Limited Slip Collar
This variant is currently unavailable
The Denali Limited Slip Collar™ is our modern-day take on the classic slip collar style, specifically designed with your dog's safety in mind.
With a leash attached to the "live" d-ring, this collar will tighten with pressure to help prevent the escape of your dog from their collar. To prevent over-tightening, our Denali Limited Slip design is distinct in that it will limit the collar's reduction in size by two inches. An alternative-wear option is to attach your leash to the "dead" d-ring. When pressure is applied from this attachment point, the collar will not reduce in size, permitting it to operate like that of a standard collar.
Please be sure to read all of the measuring instructions below, as limited slip collars are nonadjustable and will be specifically made to your dog's individual size.
• Fade resistant
• Easy-to-Clean with soap and water
• Resistant to abrasions, cuts, cracks, mold and mildew
• Maintenance-free; does not require sealing, conditioning or oils
• Stronger and more lightweight than leather of similar width and thickness
• Has the appearance, softness and flexibility of broken-in leather without the break-in period, even in freezing temperatures
• Vegan Friendly
• Lifetime Warranty
All Limited Slip collars in our Denali Collection are intended to fit a bit more loosely than a traditional collar so that they may slip off and on over your dog's head. Please be sure to read and follow all measuring instructions below, as limited slip collars are nonadjustable:
1) With your dog in a sit or stand, please measure the circumference of your dog's neck ("A" photo) with room enough to fit a few fingers under the measuring tape.
2) Next, you will want to also measure the circumference of the WIDEST part of your dog's head -- this is generally in front of your dog's ears and below their jaw line (as indicated in the "B" photo) with room enough for a few fingers to fit under the measuring tape. This measurement is imperative, as the circumference of the head of some dogs is larger than their neck; you’ll want to be sure the collar is sized properly to slide off and on over over your dog’s head/ears.
3) Now, please choose the collar size from the drop down menu that is the larger of your “A” and “B” measurements. If you desire an even more relaxed fit to your collar, please adjust accordingly. Your collar will be made to the size you select from the dropdown menu and will cinch down 2 inches smaller than your selected size. If your measurements falls in-between sizes, feel free to choose "Custom" sizing and provide details in the comments.
This type of collar is not adjustable, so measure carefully and feel free to contact us with any questions prior to purchase.
Because we care about the small details, every collar also comes permanently & tastefully inscribed with the shop name on the underside of the collar; so you don't always have to tell the whole world where you got your collar from, but you'll know you bought quality, artisanal goods.
© 2019 Sloppy Chops Co.